Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quite a weekend

For today--- from my daybook...  this is Sunday night
Outside my window...the cars with lights on going past my window one by one, a big loader with bright lights going by, no stars, just foggy clouds, and the other cars are picking up oranges and grapefruits from Florida

I am thinking... it has been a nice weekend after all, i am so glad it is over but wish it would start over again, that this might be a morbid post for all of you but then someone might relate also......well here is to a good week, may God bless us all.....

I am thankful for... that my daughter came today and we had a nice chat about things and to know she is finally growing up and realizing what being an adult finally is ..whatever that means...maturing i guess
I am wearing... the most confortable thing in the world....you guessed it..........................pjs

I am remembering...when my mom died, within the half hour she had turned cold and unmoving.  this sounds gruesome i know but i went to a friends funeral today and went to the casket to say goodbye and she was peaceful, i touched her hand and it was still..........hard remembering

I am going...to travel the 65 km to work all week and back--things don't change too much but i am thankful, going to lose weight,  going to phone my friend, going to make a scrapbook of photos

I am currently reading...Daniel and the Revelation by Uriah Smith and Damiel 11.  it is a long chapter and lots to evaluate

I am hoping... that after a great arguement that our family will find its way back together again, my son is a missionary in Brasil and i hope that his trip in the jungle will be safe as there will be no communication for a whole month--still again

On my mind... the funeral of a church family member which left a great impact on a lot of people and attended my women's ministry and always invited someone over for dinner everyday, never complained about anyone,  i wish to be as nice but have a long way to go
Also...of a couple that is going thru a hard time in their marriage.  i pray to God pleading that he will answer and help them to mend things together even for the children's sake

Noticing that... the weather has warmed up enough to make the day nice with the fluttering of a snowfalke here and there

Pondering these words...Unless we can hear each other singing and crying, unless we can comfort each other's failures and cheer each other's victories, we are missing out on the best that life has to offer..  The only real action takes place on the bridge between peiople.

From the kitchen... i made a fudge brownie and left it at the church kitchen for the guests

Around the house...just the main bedroom left

One of my favorite things...casket that is laiden with pink ruffles and lace taffeta and pillow--it was divine and the only way i would consider being buried in the ground!!!!!!

From my picture journal...

No comments: